Boat Insurance

Boat Insurance

Fast and Friendly Boating Insurance

Whether you drive a Runabout, Sailboat or a Houseboat, CoverCorps has the Insurance coverage you need to protect your watercraft and everything on it. Getting the right Boat Insurance is critical to protecting your summer fun. Growing watercraft activity make the rivers and lakes increasingly risky. Protect your boat, passengers and yourself from injury, damage and lawsuits. CoverCorps has teamed up with a number of "A" Exceptional carriers to provide you with the highest level of security at the best price in the market.

CoverCorps Boat Insurance provides a broad base of protection for you and your watercraft. The CoverCorps Insurance program has no maximum length limitation, has numerous usage options, and high liability limits to help protect against lawsuits. In addition to the basic coverages CoverCorps offer a myriad of additional coverages to customize your protection to meet your needs. Additionally there are a number of Discounts are available for considerations such as multiple units under the same policy, operators 40 and older, or diesel powered vessels. Let CoverCorps will find you the best coverage at the best price.

What is Boat Insurance and Why do I need it?

Boat Insurance is designed to help protect your boat, your passengers, and other boaters from the high cost of accident related damages or injuries. It is a contract between you and your insurance provider in which you pay a premium in exchange for a set of coverage options that you choose. While many states do not require Boat Insurance, that does not mean you drive without it. Increasing activity on the waterways, will increase the chance of an accident. Also, if you finance or lease your vessel, your lender may require specific insurance coverages and limits. One of the biggest myths about Boat Insurance is that you don’t need it because you're adequately covered under your home insurance policy. While your home's policy may provide some protection for a smaller boat while it's on your property, it won't offer the coverage you need on the water.

Important questions to consider as you think about insuring your boat.

  • What additional equipment do you have on your boat?
  • There are three different types of equipment you should consider when insuring watercraft:
    1. Attached equipment - This is aftermarket equipment that is permanently mounted, like fish finders, wakeboard racks, LED lights or sound systems. Generally, you will include permanently attached equipment in the hull value.
    2. Unattached equipment - These are items that are not affixed to the boat, but are used exclusively with the boat, like oars, boat cover, and fenders. Every boat will have unattached equipment, so you will want to ensure the policy you purchase has adequate coverage for these items.
    3. Personal contents - These are items like clothing, a portable grill or a cell phone. For most customers, it won't be a significant amount, but make sure you have adequate protection for personal items to avoid filing a claim on you homeowners policy.
  • How much do you want the carrier to pay you if your boat is stolen or destroyed? New watercraft depreciate quickly, but they hold value well over time. While Actual Cash Value coverage is slightly less expensive, the settlement may be less than you had hoped. Protection on an Agreed Value Basis ensures you could buy another watercraft in the event of a total loss.
  • Where do you use your boat? Most boat owners think liability is limited to medical injuries. However, one of the largest liability exposures is wreckage removal and fuel spill liability. If your boat sinks, you are required to raise the boat and remediate any oil or fuel leakage. The cost can be very expensive, especially in deep lakes.
  • Will you trailer your boat? What many boat owner don't know is auto roadside assistance is for covered autos only. If the vehicle towing the boat breaks down, the tow company will leave the boat and trailer on the side of the road. Make sure you add roadside assistance to the boat policy to avoid leaving your boat behind. According to the National Marine Manufacturers Association ( NMMA), 95% of boats are under 27 feet, which means many of them travel by trailer.
  • How do you use your boat? Who else uses your boat? Boat owners sometimes have unique exposures, like having co-owners, renting the boat out, or using it commercially as a fishing guide. Generally anyone you give permission to use the boat is covered. The exceptions to this are marine professional personnel and if the Boat Insurance policy has a Named Operator endorsement. With a Named Operator endorsement only operators listed can operate the boat.

Start your customized quote!

CoverCorps makes it quick, easy and painless to quote your Runabout, Houseboat or Fishing Boat. You can click to get a quote or text, call or chat with a licensed agent.

You made it!

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about yourself

A licensed agent is on the way!

At CoverCorps we understand the complexities of Mobile and Manufactured Home Insurance. We pride ourselves in our technology and the ease of connecting you instantly to a licensed insurance professional who can help. We are waiting for your questions. Please feel free to chat or call and be immediately connected to Cover Corps. When you need coverage Call Cover Corps!

Ready to get a quote?